Seven most commonly made mistakes investors make when buying property in the USA – Pt7

Rental profits
Like all out of town investors, you will be using a trusted Property Manager to manage your property day to day. Your agent will collect the rents and pay you your rental profits. A UK-US dual tax treaty makes this financially advantageous for us.

However, you must obtain an ITIN (International Tax ID) number before you can receive rental profits. Your Property Manager has a duty to hold onto all rental profits until this is in place. Make sure you apply for this as soon as you can.

First off you will need a foreign notary to certify your passport. You can use any notary in your home town. This will be sent to HAGUE for approval. Only then you can apply for an ITIN. The whole process takes approximately 8 weeks.